The Art of Sake Discovery Box is a fun way to uncover unique and quality sake bottles from exclusively imported from Japan right to your doorstep!
How it works?
1) This is a Recurring 3 months Discovery Box where you will receive a different discovery box every First Friday of every month.
2) You will receive 2 bottles specially picked out by our team:
x01 Premium Daiginjo /Junmai Daiginjo &
x01 Premium Sake (Junmai grade and up)
3) The cut off date for that month's sake is before one day before we deliver.
4) Any orders after the cut off date will start next month.
-> E.g. If cut off date is 4th Feb and you placed an order on 5th Feb, you will get March, April & May's Discovery Box.
5) The Billing Cycle is every 3 months on the 1st. (If you would like to be billed every month instead, click here!)
6a) Billing Scenario A: Subscribes on the 27th August = Receives September, October & November Box. Next billing is 1st December= Receive December, November & January Box.
6b) Billing Scenario B: Subscribes on 2nd September before cut-off = Receive September, October & November Box. Next billing is 1st December= Receives December, January & February Box.
7) If there is cancellation within the 3 months, no refund will be given. We will still send the remaining boxes until your subscription ends.
-> E.g. Ordered on 27th August = Receives September Box. Cancels in October = We will still send for October & November.
8) Limited time special: The first 50 new subscribers enjoy a promotional recurring subscription pricing on discovery boxes. Get our 3 months discovery box at $378 and save $12/month (U.P. $414)!
9) You can cancel your subscription anytime from your account. The promotional price will be valid till the end of your subscription. Any new subscriptions made thereafter will be subjected to the price stated on our website.
Important Notice: We have updated our 3 months subscription from non-recurring to recurring bill to reflect fairer pricing between the monthly and 3months boxes. If you've bought the 3 months Discovery box before 21/01/2021, this update does not affect you and you will not be charged when 3 months is up.
Monthly Discovery Box Preview
Toko Junmai Daiginjo Hidarikiki
Accompanying the softnessof the famous dewasansan rice is the aroma of tropical fruits and a light and fresh taste on the pallet. “Hidari-kiki” (a left-handed person) is slang from the Edo period which means “drinker”. The name comes from the fact that the tokkuri would be held in the right hand while the cup would be held in the left.
Manotsuru Junmai Ginjo "Winter: Beyond the Snow Sky"
In 2020, when Corona covered the world, Obata Sake Brewery asked “What is the original role of sake?” While the movement and contact of people was restricted, Manotsuru believed that sake has the power to “connect people”. They want to send the world a message that even if we are far apart, our hearts will always be close together when we tilt the cup. This is one of the four bottles in the "Same Sky" series, plus the bottle glows in the dark!
Manotsuru Ganjitsu Hatsushibori Daiginjo Namazake
This limited edition Daiginjo was pressed and bottled on 2021 New Year's Day. It is fresh, rich and aromatic with pear flavor. This is the best sake to wish the good of the year!
This Gold medalist of Fine SAKE award, Japan 2015 has a soft mild taste so calm and warm that you always want to come back for more! Intense when cold and gentle when hot – this sake has various sides.
Nadagiku Junmai Daiginjo Judo
Special Cuvee to commemorate their ancestor, MIkinosuke Kawaishi, a Judoka who largely contributed to the development of Judo around the world, especially in Europe. Made with Yumenishiki, this sake is Intense, Rich & Impactful. It won a gold medal at the 2020 Kuramaster Sake Competition.
Hideyoshi Junmai Ginjo Shosei
Light & Smooth Junmai Ginjo. Polished to 50%, so technically also can be considered a Junmai Daiginjo. This is one of the first Ginjo-style sakes ever made! Won the Junmai Ginjo Trophy from the International Sake Challenge 2020.
Love the sake discovery box set always a surprise every month!
Very good experience overall, the sake selection was varied and well received, and it was interesting to have the opportunity to try new types of sake that you may not otherwise have purchased. One point to consider may be to include short write ups on the sake selection that is provided (background on sake and tasting notes) so that the overall experience is enhanced with more understanding of the sake.
hi! You can view the writes up on the sake selection, a bit of background and tasting notes on our website! https://theartofsake.com/collections/sake-discovery/products/echizen-misaki-daiginjo-gin-no-shizuku
Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the sakes selected. Very appreciative of the choices.