For the 28th theartofsake Sake On-nomi, we are doing a special sake crash course for anyone interested in an introduction to Japanese Sake !
Raise your glass if you…
1) Keep buying the same sake bottle over and over because there are way too many options and you’re afraid of picking a bad one
2) Feel like it’s a total shot in the dark every time you try something new
3) Wish you knew enough to describe what you like to a restaurant staff
4) Feel embarrassed about how little you know when you’re around your sake-savvy friends
5) Wonder how people tell the difference between a Yamadanishiki and Omachi sake - and which one you’d like more if you could tell the difference
6) Love sake and wish you knew more about it. Plain and simple!
Join our Onnomi #28, happening on the 28th July 2021, 8pm, on Zoom, for a beginner-friendly yet comprehensive introduction to sake!
The tasting set will be available at S$38*.
*Following our shipping policy, there will be an $8 flat delivery for all orders below $250 and we will only send out your Tasting Sets on the day of the event. Read more here.
The Zoom Live Video Conference for the Sake On-nomi will be held on Wednesday, 28th July 2021. The event will start at 8pm. The room will launch at 7:45pm for networking. To join, please purchase our Tasting Set at our website. If you have any issues, please whatsapp +65 8855 0073.
Your Sake On-nomi set will include:
1) a sake tasting flight of 5 x 70ml bottles
2) a placemat containing sake tasting notes and Zoom details
3) A handout of the most important information
4) An hour's session with our in-house educator, Vincent Zheng
1) Kiminoi Honjozo Josen
2) Imayotsukasa Junmai
3) Gozenshu Junmai 1859 Bodaimoto
4) Hideyoshi Junmai Daiginjo
5) Kiminoi Junmai Daiginjo Yamahai
Introductory topics that we will cover:
1) The History of Sake
2) Reading of Sake Labels
3) Different rice varieties
4) Serving temperatures and storage
5) How to taste sake properly & Food Pairing Tips
learned to appreciate
learned to appreciate and differentiate the types of sake. to learn how to read the sake bottle labels. and also, sick of buying the same sake bottle.
Experience on Beginners Introduction to Sake was awesome ;)
I enjoy the session as it is informative detailed.
Beginner’s Guide to Japanese Sake
Enjoyed the session very much and surprised to know the actual meaning of the word ‘sake’. Very happy with the 5 tasting samples too! Look forward to joining future sessions & visiting the warehouse soon! Thank you!
Presentation and Content
Presentation could be more fluid and informative. What we were listening shows on the booklet so I would suggest more information and content in the slides. I am glad some participants actually tested the sakes on different temperatures. That is something new to me.