Sake On-nomi #45: A Beginner’s Guide to Japanese Sake 2.0!
Interested in getting to know about Japan’s national drink? We’ve got you covered. Our sake crash course is back by popular demand! For our On-nomi regulars, take this chance to revisit some classic yet interesting sakes!
Through this beginner-focused tasting, you will be able to:
- Learn about the rich history of sake and its breweries
- Identify sake labels and important information you need to know for any sake
- Understand the brewing process and how it determines the grade and quality of sake
- Taste sake correctly, know how to find pairings for all kinds of sake and how to store them properly
- Experience a tasting flight of different grades of sake from a variety of breweries
- Show off your knowledge the next time you drink sake with your friends!
Join us on 8th June 2022, 8pm, on Zoom to begin your journey into the wondrous world of sake!
The tasting set will be available at S$38*.
Add on a copy of “Exploring the World of Japanese Craft Sake”* for a special price of S$24 (U.P. S$30) when you purchase the tasting set.
*Following our shipping policy, there will be an $8 flat delivery for all orders below $250 and we will only send out your tasting sets on the day of the event. Read more here.
The Zoom Live Video Conference for the Sake On-nomi will be held on Wednesday, 8th June 2022. The event will start at 8pm. The room will launch at 7:45pm for networking. To join, please purchase our Tasting Set at our website. If you have any issues, please WhatsApp +65 8855 0073.
Your Sake On-nomi set will include:
1) a sake tasting flight of 5 x 70ml bottles
2) a placemat containing sake tasting notes and Zoom details
3) A handout of the most important information
4) An hour's session with our in-house educator, Vincent Zheng
1) Aya Masamune Honjozo
2) Kamoizumi Junmai Zoka
3) Hourai Junmai Ginjo Hatsugumi
4) Keigetsu Junmai Daiginjo Sake Nature
5) Ishizuchi Junmai Daiginjo Dayuuho