Our CNY Special “Find the Golden Koi” event is back and there are more prizes to be won this year! Instead of having just the Imayotsukasa Golden Koi, we’re adding 2 more ultra-premium sakes to the prize pool, and we're limiting to 50 sets of blind boxes only - so you can have more chance to huat!
About the Grand Prize, Imayotsukasa Gold Koi Nishikigoi (worth $670)
1) It's super exclusive, only 84 bottles produced this year, worldwide
2) We only managed to get our hands on 6 bottles, one of which we are using for this event
3) The pottery bottle is dunked in pure gold
4) the box which holds the bottle is made of handcrafted Paulownia wood
5) The characteristics of the sake are kept secret, reserved for those privileged to taste it
About the 2nd Prize, Echizen Misaki Aged Daiginjo Fufu (worth $268)
1) This a limited-edition packaging, only 500 bottles are produced
2) This special aged Daiginjo is brewed painstakingly for over a month and aged for more than 3 years
3) The sake comes in a beautiful lacquer box, making it a great gift and display
4) Echizen Misaki's Brewmaster used to work for the famous Kokuryu Sake Brewery. This sake is his reinterpretation of their Ishidaya sake
About the 3rd Prize, Ishizuchi Junmai Daiginjo Vanquish (worth $238)
1) The giftbox is a tribute to the famous Mount Ishizuchi, one of Japan's seven sacred peaks
2) The mantra for this sake is “To defeat, to conquer” – fitting for anyone who has set high goals for themselves in the year of the tiger
3) The rice used to make this sake, Matsuyamamii, was developed by cross-straining a heirloom rice and has a large grain with low protein content that can be polished to a very low level. You will be able to taste an extreme version of this with Vanquish
How does the event work?
This is a blind box event where ONE of the boxes contains the Golden Koi worth $670!
For $118, you would receive 2 random bottles from the sake pool. At least 1 of the 2 bottles will be a Junmai Daiginjo or Daiginjo grade.
Sakes that will be included in the blind box pool are also premium stuff, such as:
1) Tsuki No Katsura Junmai Daiginjo Hei-An Kyo
2) Nadagiku Junmai Daiginjo Kiku no Shizuku
3) Echizen Misaki Junmai Daiginjo Sakahomare
4) Nihonsakari Junmai Daiginjo Souhana
5) Manotsuru Junmai Daiginjo Genshu "Ryu No Megumi"
All Blind boxes will be dispatched and delivered to your doorstep on 27th January.
Video your unboxing of the blind box and tag us on Facebook or Instagram to receive a $10 voucher from us! You can also leave us a review on the event to qualify.
Mai tu liao, you might just be that one lucky person to reel the Gold Koi in!
Prize Pool and its Retail Price :
Grand Prize: Imayotsukasa GOLD Koi Nishikigoi - $670
2nd Prize: Echizen Misaki Aged Daiginjo Fufu - $268
3rd Prize: Ishizuchi Junmai Daiginjo Vanquish - $238
Terms & Conditions
1) No exchange/refund of boxes are allowed
2) The $118 excludes delivery fee of $8 (for orders below $250). To prevent any foul play, no self collection is allowed. Should you choose self collection during check out, we will contact you to add on a shipping fee
3) If your order includes other items, we will deliver with the blind box
Watch how we execute the CNY blind box event last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxVm5T-WJA
We just want to run a fun event for CNY! So all the very best!
Additional note: If you need the sakes earlier, please reach out to us at 8855 0073. Thank you!
I want to win the golden koi bott of sake :)
didn't win but the sakes i received were good too
Golden koi event
A refreshing idea to add a bit of spice and excitement into the sake purchase. Will support future events but do throw in more golden koi / premium sake to increase our “winning rate”!
No Koi but still happy
One of the bottles received is the bubble sake. Tried it but not really our type of drink. Interesting experience though. Will try again next year.